UNABLE TO ACCESS MY ACCOUNT ! "We couldn't confirm it's you"

Samiaholic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Two days ago I was setting up a new Paypal account with my freshly obtained Visa card while filling the form everything seemed to be fine until I had to link it to that account. I received an error message telling me that the card issuer denied my card or something like that, then I got a confirmation e-mail, after clicking on the link it took me to another page which says “Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you”. I tried to change the password multiple times but the same error message came up again.

I realized that I may have provided an address that doesn’t exactly match the one I used for my card. Could that be part of the problem?

Yesterday I found out that I had created an account in 2014 (which I totally forgot about) using a different e-mail but the same phone number & address, it has no bank account/card linked to it. When I tried to link the same card to this one it said that it was linked to another account, the one I’m LOCKED OUT OF !!!!

I upgraded the old one to a business account and changed both my phone number & address, maybe they think I’m a different person trying to steal my personal information. I can definitely confirm my identity if that’s the issue.

I e-mailed Customer Service and they totally ignored the details and instead they just confirmed that indeed my card is linked to the account I made and cannot link it to the old account and that I should get myself a new card. Unfortunately, due to the national laws, I can only get one “electronic use only” card at a time, also I’m a broke college student who’s trying to buy books. I do not care about this account, I don’t even recall creating it, all I want is to access my new personal account that’s linked to my card that has my own hard earned money.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Please help, I’m very annoyed.

Looking forward to your reply.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

Call in and ask for the limitations department and explain to them gently that you just need a PayPal account to buy things and you don't remember much of the past.

Also if you are able to log into the old accounts, delete the accounts you don't need. On the locked out account, see what it is it wants you to do to verify. 

Good Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.