Two emails - can I merge accounts?

klspkr
Contributor
Contributor
I have 2 emails - a personal gmail and a professional email that uses my domain that forwards to it. Can I merge these two emails under one PayPal account?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You can add both email address to the same PayPal account, and then if people send money to either one it would show up in that account. Is that what you mean, or are you trying to do something else?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

klspkr
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. That's what I'm trying to do. I already had PayPal on the original email and someone just sent money to the other one. I went to add the original email address to the new account and got an error message that the original email is connected to another user. (Me, with a different email.) Now I'm trying to figure out how to move things around so I can use both emails for one account. Seems like an opportunity for PayPal to save their customers some time...
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Sounds like you must already have both emails associated with two separate accounts. If the secondary email wasn't attached to another account already then adding it to the current account would simply drop the funds into that account. If it's giving you that message it must be seeing that email in another current account that's already opened.

So no, there's no way to merge those two accounts, but you can just add a new email to the other account, then remove the email you're trying to use in your primary account, and then add that email back to the primary account at that point.

Should only take a few minutes to get it done.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can have up to 8 email addresses per Paypal account with one being the primary email addr.

They can all accept payments,but you se only one balance,not 8.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.