Trying to link a new card - "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Saint_Khaine
Contributor
Contributor

On Monday, I bought a prepaid VISA giftcard, and on Tuesday, tried linking it to my account.  I put all the information in correctly, and received the message "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later."  I wasn't in a rush, so I figured I could just try again later, and I shouldn't worry about this too much.

Excluding night time, I've tried linking the card again every couple of hours, usually waiting 4-6 hours between each attempt.  Each time, I have received the same message as before.  I tried using a different computer, I tried using a different browser, and I keep receiving the same message.  I only have four cards linked to my account, so I know having too many cards linked isn't the problem.

Today I checked the community section, to see if anyone else was having the same problem, and it doesn't seem to be a widespread trend.  Are there any other solutions I should try to link this new card to my account?  I've had great experiences with Paypal so far, and I don't want this to be my first negative experience.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Normally when you get have a gift card, there's no name or addrerss registered with the card.  When you try to link the card, PayPal will attempt to validate the cards owner, if there's no name and address registered or associated with the card, it gets rejected.  You may want to contact the card issuer to see if you can register both your name and address.  Make sure that the name and address matches the name and address you used to setup your PayPal account with.   For example, if your name is John and you registered Jon, as the names don't match, the card can be rejected again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Normally when you get have a gift card, there's no name or addrerss registered with the card.  When you try to link the card, PayPal will attempt to validate the cards owner, if there's no name and address registered or associated with the card, it gets rejected.  You may want to contact the card issuer to see if you can register both your name and address.  Make sure that the name and address matches the name and address you used to setup your PayPal account with.   For example, if your name is John and you registered Jon, as the names don't match, the card can be rejected again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.