Trouble removing OLD bank account after adding new one

Me2018
Contributor
Contributor

Please help!  I have a new bank account that I added and cofirmed, but I cannot remove the old bank account. Every time I try to remove it, I get the same error message, "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later."  I have been trying every day for the past 2 weeks at different times of the day, multiple times each day, but I still get the same error message.  I've tried contacting Customer Service, but they only respond with an "automated" response that just gives me the instructions about how to remove a bank account. DUH? I understand how to remove the bank account. The problem is that it does NOT work. Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jaquette
Contributor
Contributor

This functionality is clearly broken, and no one at PayPal cares. Email to customer support will result in a form letter response, explaining how to use this same function that doesn't work.

PayPal benefits from keeping the old bank account on there, since it may be useful for them to grab more funds at some point. PayPal does NOT benefit at all from allowing us to remove a bank account, and consequently they do not care that it doesn't work.

The "moderator"'s response that there is no harm in leaving it set up is misguided. If PayPal pretends to enable its customers to manage which bank accounts are attached to their PayPal Wallet, the functionality should work. Since I am unable to delete the bank account which I have CLOSED, there is only exposure to me from having PayPal try to charge anything against that account, possibly resulting in overdraft charges. So yes, PayPal should fix this functionality and enable its customers to delete bank accounts from their PayPal accounts.

To further aggravate me, my attempts to get help from customer support resulted in some clown employee creating a PayPal Credit line on my account, complete with a newly created email address. Clearly they have an incentive to push their credit services, as they make more money from those services -- but it smells like the same mess that Wells Fargo walked into last year when they created all those bogus accounts for people.

https://jaquette.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/paypal-has-lost-its-way/

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you may have t o wait longer,there could be unfinished business with that old bank account.

why not just leave it alone and not use it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

jaquette
Contributor
Contributor

This functionality is clearly broken, and no one at PayPal cares. Email to customer support will result in a form letter response, explaining how to use this same function that doesn't work.

PayPal benefits from keeping the old bank account on there, since it may be useful for them to grab more funds at some point. PayPal does NOT benefit at all from allowing us to remove a bank account, and consequently they do not care that it doesn't work.

The "moderator"'s response that there is no harm in leaving it set up is misguided. If PayPal pretends to enable its customers to manage which bank accounts are attached to their PayPal Wallet, the functionality should work. Since I am unable to delete the bank account which I have CLOSED, there is only exposure to me from having PayPal try to charge anything against that account, possibly resulting in overdraft charges. So yes, PayPal should fix this functionality and enable its customers to delete bank accounts from their PayPal accounts.

To further aggravate me, my attempts to get help from customer support resulted in some clown employee creating a PayPal Credit line on my account, complete with a newly created email address. Clearly they have an incentive to push their credit services, as they make more money from those services -- but it smells like the same mess that Wells Fargo walked into last year when they created all those bogus accounts for people.

https://jaquette.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/paypal-has-lost-its-way/

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if there are current activities in your account,you will not be able to remove the account ,wait 180 days.

if you are so afraid Paypal would charge your bank account,then close the PAypal account and find another payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

orjust leave it open but  NEVER USE IT

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

OR empty all the bank accounts,report all cards-debit and credit stolen so you get new cards.

and find another payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Me2018
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Jaquette.  Glad to hear that it's not just me.  I agree with everything you said about it being in Paypal's best interest to not allow us to remove old bank accounts.  Thanks for telling me about the trick they use about opening a credit line.  I'll have my guard up when I call Customer Service. 

BTW, I just ignored the responses from Whack-a-mole because they were just too stupid and not worth the effort to respond. 

Login to Me Too

mfitch72

Why is this classified as solved? "Solved" indicates that there is a way for me to successfully remove an inactive bank account from my PayPal account. The only "solution" that has been offered in this thread is to cease to use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

titanic98
New Community Member

There is still NO SOLUTION to this problem. 

I have added another credit card, made it my preferred method but still cannot remove the bank card. 

It keeps repeating like a broken record the same stupid error that "Sorry, you can’t remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later.". 

Agree with everyone else that this is NOT SOLVED and someone from Paypal give an official response till they FIX it. 

Login to Me Too

LyngCode
New Community Member

I have same issue and I WILL NOT USE PAYPAL UNTIL THIS IS FIXED. This is an issue for QA to write up and have the Development department create a fix.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.