Transfer problem

Wilderine2001
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased auto parts using my husbands PayPal acct , when time came for amount to be debited out of his bank using the pad option he was going to over draw and needed money out of my pay pal linked bank to cover the debuts. I logged into my acted and added money to my personal PayPal act, waited for it to show up in my account and when it did, sent the $ to my husband via friends and family. Well not sure why but the positiv balance on my account was not used and all money taken from my bank acct. the same amount was debited twice. Any one?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My guess would be too many withdrawls/transfers in to short timeframe.  It would have been better to wait a few days between transactions.

When you initiate a transaction PayPal automatically evaluates the transaction according to it's securiy model and will modify the transaction to be the least risky for PayPal.  With changes in the PayPal balances for the 2 acocunts, it was less risky for PayPal to take the funds from the bank account rather than the PayPal balance.

Rapid transfers between 2 somehwhat related acocunts could raise susicion on multiple levels would be a concen in my opinion.  Suspiicious activity can lead to account limitations.

If you need a more substantial answer, why not just call PayPal customer service and ask?  They can look at your accounts and give a better answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.