Transfer Hold Times

Imabeerye
Contributor
Contributor
So I've had a PayPal account for two years now but just recently started using it as a way to receive money from my girlfriend and family. My first transfer went perfect. I somehow found a card that was eligible for the 30 minute transfer (the reason I chose PayPal, I don't like waiting three days to access my money) through my brothers greendot although my greendot card was not eligible for some reason? My first transfer went perfect. Then my girlfriend sent me some money today which I received and then tried to 30 minute transfer to the same card. This time though it's telling me for security reasons my transfer is under review. It says it may take 24 hours to be approved or denied. Is there anything I can do to help speed this process up? I've heard a lot of horror stories of PayPal doing stuff like this and holding onto money for stupid long periods of time and this has me worried. Has anyone else run into this problem themselves or have any advice on what I can do to help the process along? I have no problems verifying my identity at all. Heck lll send em a video of me holding onto my state ID if that would help. Will this be a one time deal? If so I would like to know now because I need to find a payment service that works with my cards and is quick. Thanks in advance, Bryant.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why do you think it is under review?  What are you doing that might be in violation of PayPal policies?  What are you doing that might be suspicous in money received or money transferred?

Login to Me Too

Imabeerye
Contributor
Contributor
As far as I know I'm not doing anything wrong or suspicious. And the reason I know is because I received an email immediately after submitting my transfer and the next screen was a pop up telling me about the hold. It all seemed pretty routine and normal though not like I'm doing anything wrong. I guess that's why I'm asking here. Thanks for the reply though.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

were youtrying to transfer the money to your brother's greendot card?

that could be the problem,if y ours does not work,then find another way ,other people 's card is not an option

Login to Me Too

JAYREAL
Contributor
Contributor

I see @DPCreations must work for paypal I see them commenting on different posts about these holds always trying to defend paypal for this madness. They are just holding people's money probably millions at a time. This is a good way to gain capital thru interest. Everybody knows about the overnight escrow interest scams. Looks like paypal is just like the rest of the crooks. The percentage they take plus the extra .30 they take is not enough for them they steal more with this scam. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.