This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.

ZackEmCee
Contributor
Contributor

this card was accepted yesterday, but I couldn't confirm it, so I went to wallet (As OLD PAYPAL View) and added the same card itself while it even was added, and suddenly, it got removed, Now I cannot add it! and it says : 

''This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.''

or in old paypal view : 
''We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.''

Any help please ? 😞

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

Aventien
is this standard in all countries? coz I'm from South Africa and have BEEN hitting that wall, hard. I'll try deposit funds into my account and try again
Login to Me Too

sidath_tenna
New Community Member

Does it accept master cards that given by SriLankan banks?

Login to Me Too

RazeTheStray
New Community Member

I get the exact same message " This card is not accepted. Please use a different card."

The card I'm trying to link is MasterCard Debit.

Any ideas ?

Login to Me Too

Entiss
New Community Member

I had the same problem. 

This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.

The problem for me was that the bank account had eshop protection. I turned it off (in a bank account), relink the card again and it worked.

The protection was called safe shoping online.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

You have to activate international transaction for the credit or debit card... for that, you have to consult with the respective bank and set the transaction limit.

Hope this info helped you

Login to Me Too

mjghosh
Contributor
Contributor

my debit card is State Bank of India"s Global debit card but it does not accepted paypal, why? 

Login to Me Too

Jvgoose

Yea I'm the same just getting an error saying "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card." 

Any help would be amazing

Login to Me Too

ERROPiX
Contributor
Contributor
The problem occurs when you try to link invalid card, or if the card is empty, PayPal need to charge your card 1.95$ for verification
Login to Me Too

chathura123

why I can't update my Visa card details. what is the meaning on this massage

Login to Me Too

Znoot
New Community Member

I'll just add my solution. My new replacement credit card of an expired card was not activated in the bank. Just had to activate it there first.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.