Tax ID number in Paypal setting?

ndkhoa5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, as a new Paypal user, I have some questions, hope everyone will help me, I'll appreciate that. 🙂

Today I went to Paypal setting, and saw the tab Tax ID Number which was displayed on red, so I tried entering my SSN, but didn't bother the Tax ID thing 'cause I had no idea about it. After that, Paypal said they would review my SSN in 3 business days....

So is there any problem if I don't provide them the ID tax number? I currently have $90 and my account is unverified.

Thank you! 🙂

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@asoadya

Even with a SSN added PayPal doesn't withhold any taxes; it only reports your gross receipts when required to do so according to IRS regulatations.

Login to Me Too

asoadya
Contributor
Contributor

i dont pay taxes yet   what should i do    can i add a bank account    this is really agravating

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The more info you provide to verify your identity/account, you can gain full use of your PayPal account.  To lift amount limits and be able to send/receive money, just add bank, card, and/or SSN.  But, PayPal will eventually ask you to enter a SSN and may limit your account if you don't.  Might as well add it all now.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

asoadya
Contributor
Contributor

please message me twice when you respond so it sends it to me via email   thank you

Login to Me Too

1loveken
New Community Member

I received an email saying thank you for adding your new tax id number from pay pal. I did not add a tax id number i do not have a tax id number. I do not own a business i have just sold a few items on ebay. What do i need to do or who do i talk to about this?

Login to Me Too

Xb4696
Contributor
Contributor

I got something like this today too. What did you end up doing? I don't own a business at all, I'm just selling off my collection.

Login to Me Too

Lissa_Lu
New Community Member

I'm on the same boat. I'm only selling off my collection on ebay and random stuff around the house, I don't have a business. So I am pretty nervous about this. :s

Login to Me Too

AudioShop
Contributor
Contributor

Our accountant is advising us to enter in our Tax ID number into Paypal.

When logging into Paypal however , there is no way to enter this information.

Login to Me Too

Braskute
New Community Member

Well... Today I logged in into my PayPal account and they are asking me to provide the US Tax number...

I don't know why though, I don't even live in the United States, or I don't even own a business... I don't even work so why PayPal need this information and how the **bleep** I'll get that US Tax number when Im not an american citizen? Please explain this to me...

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal is country specific.  if you are not US citizen or foreign but permanent resident with SSN or ITIN, you should open a PayPal account in your country and close US account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.