Switching my default payment method

missdogmom
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering if there is a way to switch the default account from which my payments are taken. After checking for a PayPal account balance, PayPal currently takes the money from my bank account, unless I manually change it to my credit card, which is what I always do. To eliminate these extra steps, I would like to set my credit card to be the default after any PayPal balance. Is there a way to do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone!

It looks like some things have changed since this question was originally posted in the PayPal Community Help Forum! I'm happy to give some updates on how funding sources can be customized. Smiley Happy

We now have options to set a preferred payment method for goods and services payments or for PayPal Checkout.

In addition, we have options to change preferred payment methods for preapproved payments (like subscriptions.)

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry you can't, after a paypal balance the bank account is always the default option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

missdogmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding. Glad to know for sure!

Login to Me Too

Bonaducci
@missdogmom wrote:

Thanks for responding. Glad to know for sure!

Who on earth marked this post as solution?!

Login to Me Too

edgardigital
Contributor
Contributor

Well on my account, the default payment method is ALWAYS Bill Me Later which I don't want and cannot figure out how to change... HOW do I change it???

Login to Me Too

KCKayc
New Community Member

Call paypal. Customer Service can change that for you.

Login to Me Too

edgardigital
Contributor
Contributor

OK Thanks I will give that a try...

Login to Me Too

DebsCamera
New Community Member

Were you able to switch from Bill Me Later as your primary payment option?  How did you do it?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

marbellow
Contributor
Contributor

I don' want bill me later. how do I change ?

Login to Me Too

e-gadget-guy
New Community Member

If you have paypal connect you can set it to be default or not. Here's how

Login to paypal

go to your smart connect summary

on the right under Manage my credit account click "Update account preferrences."

Under "Checkout preferences" you will see how it's set and if you want to change it click on Change 

select how you want it then click [Save Changes]

You're done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.