Switch to CLASSIC layout permanently!

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I did search the forums regarding this topic, but didn't come across any real answer.  How do I switch my Paypal layout back to the Classic layout permanently?  The only suggestion I saw was clicking the "Classic" button on the lower left corner, however the change is only temporary.

I'd like each login to go directly to the classic site, without having to manually switch over each time.

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

SandS
New Community Member

Same here ... have been 'switching back to Classic' for months - the new layout is terrible and we've been telling PayPal for as long as it's existed!

Even though we regularly 'switch to Classic' - hey presto - next time we log in, it's back to the 'almost impossible to navigate easily' 'new' format!

It'sbeen a minor inconvenience up to this morning, when I find the option to 'switch to classic' seems to have disappeared!!!!

What gives?

Come on PayPal ... accept that the new format is a mistake - especially for desktop/laptop users - it's awful and not at all intuitive!  At least let us keep the option to use Classic?

PLEASE!!!!

S & S 

Login to Me Too

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using the button in the lower left called "Classic Site" but even it does not change it fully to the classic site.  The menu at the top is still the new one.

Even worse, for me it changes back every time I go to a different PayPal page, not just each time I log back in.  Not sure if that's because of a browser setting or what??   😞

Login to Me Too

vogue
New Community Member

I cant find the classic view switch button

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

It's not on my page either

Login to Me Too

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

They've removed the link to switch Classic UI even after telling me just recently in a support ticket that the problems / non-functional features with the New UI are resolved.

That's right - STILL BROKEN FEATURES IN THE NEW UI.

I don't care what the New UI looks like! I care about the important features that do not work in the New UI!

Preface - I've been a PayPal merchant for over 12 years, using PayPal to handle recurring monthly subscription payments from subscribers to my service (I provide a web hosting service) with hundreds of subscribers - meaning that my PayPal account processes hundreds of subscription transactions perm month, THOUSANDS per year.

Now, as far back as July of 2014 I've been reporting to PayPal MTS a major issue for us PayPal recurring subscription merchants  - the FACT that the ability to Search Transactions using a Subscription ID does not work in the New UI.

I have opened several tickets regarding the non-funcational / broken functions in the New UI since July of 2014 and PayPal MTS have confirmed these issues and have been telling me for the past 11+ months that they "assure" me that they "will not retire the Classic UI until the issues are resolved".

So, instead of everyone complaining about the appearance of the New UI, we'll get better traction if everyone submits tickets about the features that are still not working (and appear to be broken) in the New UI.

Here are two big problems in the New UI that I've discovered:

1. The first major problem I discovered and reported in a support call AND support ticket to PayPal MTS back in July 2014 is this - The Activity > Transaction ID Search function does not work for searching Subscription ID's, and that is a critical feature (which works fine in the Classic UI in Advanced History > Search by > Transaction ID). It is a critical feature for all of us merchants who provide subscription-based services.  PayPal MTS confirmed this issue back on July 18th 2014 and since said that the issue would be resolved before they take away the Classic UI. It is still not resolved.

2. The second problem I've discovered (and reported to PayPal MTS via both phone and support ticket) is the Customers > All Customers feature does not work properly and in my case is missing thousands of transactions. In my account it currently shows that I have only 6 transactions from 5 customers over the past 2 years, when in fact I've had well over 6,000 transactions in the past 2 years.

I have repeatedly pleaded with and appealed to PayPal Business Support and Merchant Technical Support on a frequent basis since I opened the first ticket back in July 2014 , asking them to please not force us over to the New UI until these problems are resolved, and they have repeatedly told me things would be resolved before they take away the Classic UI.

That is why I have kept publicly silent until today. I believed the PayPal MTS support agent who has been telling me for a year that they won't take away my Classic UI until the problems are fixed.

Well, as of today my Classic UI is gone, the link to switch back to it is gone, and the broken functions in the New UI that I've been reporting for a year still aren't fixed.

So it's time to break my silence and seek the support of other PayPal merchants - especially those of you who use PayPal's recurring / subscription payments functions - so that we can pull together and make a POLITE RATIONAL effort to reach out to PayPal's higher-ups who might not even be aware of these issues that are indeed known & verified by PayPal MTS support reps.

It seems the only way we're going to get our Classic UI back until the problems with the New UI are addressed is for everyone to submit polite, thoughtful, articulate support tickets to PayPal Merchant Technical Services.

By the way - I can provide screenshots of both the issues and the the support tickets going all the way back to July 2014 that prove everything I've stated above.

And with that I want to thank any PayPal staff members who take the time to read this AND HELP us resolve the problems with the New UI before taking away our Classic UI.  Thousands of my PayPal merchant transactions per year, and hundreds of my PayPal recurring subscribers depend on us and we depend on you.

Login to Me Too

fulmar2

Hi guys -

One reason to be able to switch back to classic is the antiquated help on Paypal's website.  For example, I'm trying to follow a set of instructions on Paypal's help - but the problem is that the buttons they refer to existed in the classic site, not the current site.  As such, it is exretmely difficult for long-time users as well as new users to navigage the new site without a fall-back.  I'm willing to learn how to navigate the new site, but I still need the classic site to get business done in a timely fashion.  I've already invested 2 hours trying to figure out how to link UPS with my Paypal account (still no success).  Could I have better invested that 2 hours in integrating Dwolla with my website instead?  That is a question at the fore-front of my mind right now.

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

I requested it and was told it was changed back and I find today it's the new version.  I'm wasting alot of time trying to contact Paypal regarding this matter and am getting tired of it.

Login to Me Too

ShannaM
Contributor
Contributor

I wish Paypal would listen to their customers and allow the classic version to stay. This cartooned version of the site reminds me of a Disneyland Map and it's insulting to my intelligence. I cannot navigate as efficiently as before and it seems we have to jump thru multiple hoops to get to where we want whereas with the classic version, everything was right on the home page in drop down menu form. The font was easier to read and I just hate this new paypal version!!! So sad. Paypal should never have tried to fix what wasn't broken! 😞

Login to Me Too

Sergeant18
Game collector
Login to Me Too

6Christian9
New Community Member

this new layout is horrible.. I'm a paypal user for 9 years and have given them plenty of money like many people here.. and what do we get in return is no choice! Plain, simple and bold - the new interface sucks and some people want a choice.. It's not user friendly, a pain in the rear and not easy on the eye.. what moron thought this was a good idea? some 18 year old new supervisor with no experience? or a crackhead.. I mean seriously? you guys actually made this permanant?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.