Switch to CLASSIC layout permanently!

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I did search the forums regarding this topic, but didn't come across any real answer.  How do I switch my Paypal layout back to the Classic layout permanently?  The only suggestion I saw was clicking the "Classic" button on the lower left corner, however the change is only temporary.

I'd like each login to go directly to the classic site, without having to manually switch over each time.

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

Niemont
New Community Member

This sucks.  In case that gets bleeped, this is the action one must take to bring liquid to one's mouth through a straw.

I've been with PayPal almost since the day they opened.  Back then it was free.  I've stayed through thick and thin (fees, refunds, credit card that wasn't a credit card...).  I'm not sure I can take having them turn the website into one that must have been designed by the guy that Microsoft fired after the train wreck of OS 10.

A website should enable you to conduct business and then go away.  I can't conduct business if I cannot fiind the action I need.  I want to withdraw funds to my bank.  Nothing in the menu gives anything that could be such an action.  So I have to phone and listen to a robot say four times, "In a few words tell me what you want" and must reply four times "withdraw funds," until it finally offers me a human.  The human is lovely and doesn't melt down, as I'm clearly not the first complainant she's heard on this topic.

Companies that offer great custoomer service stay in business.  Those that don't - once they are no longer the only gorilla, they crash.  PayPal, you have been warned. 

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

Boy you hit the nail on the head.  I was told I could switch back to Classic temporarily by clicking at the bottom of my account page, yet there is absolutely NOTHING there to click to accomplish that!

In the end I was told the new version is now a fact of life, like it or not.  Whoever designed that monstrosity should be fired.  Talk about a waste of space

Login to Me Too

jennyseller
Contributor
Contributor

I'm guessing the programmers were in fear of losing their jobs, so they decided to literally shake things up. They really didn't change anything in the way paypal performs, and they certainly didn't add any new options, as is the case with most major changes to websites., All they did was take all of the already available options, put them in a hat and shake them up, then dump them on a table and that's the new positioning they were moved to. Now we all get to spend the next 6 months trying to relearn how to find everything we already knew where to find it, until they decide to shake things up again. Job security at it's worst. The thing I really hate about this new version is that, before I could see dozens of transactions at one time on a single page; now I only see a few at a time, and they aren't columnized properly so it's difficult to make comparisons at a glance. Graphic-intensive almost never equals performance. Why they think this sort of change is good I'll never know, it certainly has been a pain for me at tax time.

Login to Me Too

Andy406
Contributor
Contributor

I've had so many conversations with PayPal about some of the stupidity...  And it never changes...  If there was a better processing service I'd be all over this in a heartbeat...

I'm constantly having to retrain to use the new "Experience".  Then I pay someone $14 an hour to sit here and try to figure it out when I'm not around to do it myself.  This is really an expensive "Experience"

Stupid stupid stupid changes.  Nothing of benifit for us at all.

What happened to the old adage, "If its working don't break it..."   (Or was it, "If its working don't fix it")

Come on Paypal....  Are you listening?  Post something in this community that lets us know you are really here for us.  (Our business partner my foot....  If you were my business partner you would be responsive )

Login to Me Too

Andy406
Contributor
Contributor

So...  I opened a dispute with Paypal through the resolution center.  Conservativly its costing me one hour a day for my shipper to wade through this muck.  Its been going on for at least 3 weeks so I billed Paypal $210 and suggested they put another $14 a day into my account until they get this fixed...  

Now....  Wait for it...  wait for it.....       ...... silence.....   

Its all I expect to hear from them.

Here is the dispute details I shared with them.  Maybe if we all send them a bill for the added expenses of doing business with PayPal, they will start to feel it.  Remember, its all about $$$$

Since Paypal changed to the new "Experience" (looks like a cartoon website or "PayPal for Dummies" My staff has been struggling everyday with making this work.  At least 1 hour a day at $14.   The way I figure it, Paypal owes me $210 for the past 3 weeks.  I'll continue to add to this amount until Paypal makes the changes so we do not have to retrain our shipping staff every week with "whats Paypal doing to us now..."

Paypal can deposit this amount (conservative) and another $14 a day into my account until this is fixed.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

ahp123

Where do I send them the bill?  I'm at $389 so far for the amount of time it has taken us to re-input email addresses in the send money field. 

Login to Me Too

ahp123

It is so arrogant of PP to force this on users that are fine with the look and feel of the system we have used for over 15 years. I do not get it -- except, that they have to justify all the high paying jobs to redesign this thing.  I am certain somewhere along the line an expensive consultant (or some top level employee) came along and talked someone into a redesign and then begain charging them (both internally and externally) a ton of money to make this crappy mess. Alas! It will be so messy that they get to go back and clean it all up again and keep charging the departments for their hard work.  What a joke.  If it an't broke don't try to fix it! and I wish all these software designers would stop moving buttons around and all that jazz and then call it a redesign or new release!!!  It is all about keeping people employed, I suppose.  In the mean time, I can't just choose my sending email addresses like I used to be able to do and have to go fnd them and retype them all over and they are not saving them -- so everytime I want to send the payment to the same person I have to re-key it again and again.... and this is supposed to save me time?  Whatever.  

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you, the less I have to go to Paypal now the better as the "new" look is both cluttered and confusing, not to mention it takes forever to load.  The whole page is unsightly with cartoon-like images that only distract and make it more time consuming to do what you went there to do.  I don't know what Paypal is thinking, but this is not an improvement.

Login to Me Too

novelist99
Contributor
Contributor

I too hate the new account! I can no longer easily find customers. I have a subscription-based site, which I've ran for ten years, and I often need to look up customers to see if they've paid and when they last paid. Finding this info is a lengthy process now. Whereas before I merely had to specify a date range, now I must tab through for each individual month. It's going to make keeping track of who paid and who hasn't very difficult for me.

Login to Me Too

LindaSueBob
Contributor
Contributor

I also detest this new layout, I have to keep track of each transaction and what paypal has charged me for each transaction and now I can't even switch into the classic layout, all it shows is three transactions that I have requested from other people, none of my daily transactions are showing. This causes me so much extra work every time I sign in to go to classic and now classic is not even working. Ugh.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.