Switch email when using PayPal to pay

RicardoSFO
Contributor
Contributor

Greeetings, I would like to know if it is possible to switch the email address that gets set when paying with PayPal. I have another address registered in my profile and would like to use this other address when ordering from a merchant and paying with PayPal. Currently it defaults to the email I use to login/communicate but would like to not give out that email to merchants. I am trying to identify merchants that do not keep my email secure and using my PP email is not ideal. There are some instances in where I've been able to override the default email, but that option is not always available. I was under the impression that adding an additional email would allow me to do this. Would be great if you can setup an email to use to login and communicate with PayPal, and have other(s) to use when ordering... Any suggestions how to go about doing this?

TIA

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Here's a few tips:

You can ask your buyer to send their payment to any email address that you have added to your PayPal account. You can add up to 8 email addresses to your PayPal account.

If a buyer sends their payment to an email address that you haven’t added to your account, PayPal will send an email to that address. After you add that address to your PayPal account, the money appears in your PayPal balance.

If a buyer is paying you for an eBay item, they must send their payment to the email address you selected when you listed your item. (You entered this email address on the Sell Your Item form.)

Login to Me Too

RicardoSFO
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post. I am the buyer--not the seller--and would like to use a different email address for the particular seller I am buying from.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.