Summary/Activity View that includes balances?

Kawliga33
Contributor
Contributor

I can't remember if this was always the case, but I don't see a line that shows my balance after each transaction, in either the Summary or Activity page.  Very often I need to know what my balance was before or after I sent or received certain sums, but all I can see is the transactions and my current balance.  It still beats a traditional bank, with their evil reordering tactics to maximize overdraft charges, shifty definitions of what "pending" means, etc.  Still, I'd like to be able to see a running tally of my transactoin/balance history. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Another approach is to download your account activity.

Download or export your Transaction History
* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under File Types for Download - Select "Comma Delimited - All Activity"
* Click "Download History"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.

Login to Me Too

Francis9
New Community Member

So from being able to go to the PayPal website & click "with balance" (even that click was too much, I always want to see my running balance, every time) I now have to go to another page, spend time creating a report with the fields I want (though actually you can't choose not to have many of these & so get  a much bigger report than I need) then pick the date range & create a CSV & download it & then customise it in Excel JUST TO SEE MY RUNNING BALANCE?

And after all that it doesn't work anyway - as the information is one month old, despite saying as I created the report that it was for past 3 moths & would be up to date up to the minute I created the report.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.