Shared email with spouse - unable to sign up for Paypal account to view credit line info

cmfanatic
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a personal Paypal account since 2001 using my husband and my primary email.

Today, my huband made a purchase and applied for the Paypal credit line - in his name, using the same email.

Now we have received the emails stating he will need to create a Paypal ccount to access his statements, make payments etc - but he is unable to sign up for a separate Paypal account as I have the account using that email, and we are unable to link the two.

How can we remedy this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why not open a PayPal account in his own name with another email address? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

An email address identifies a PayPal account. 

You can't have the same email account for 2 PayPal accounts. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cmfanatic
Contributor
Contributor

That is my problem - he signed up for Paypal credit line, was approved, and made a purchase using the email that I have always used for my Paypal account and his personal information.

So how will we be able to access the Paypal credit line in order to make purchases, payments etc?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea.

He should have used a PayPal account in his own name. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cmfanatic
Contributor
Contributor

There was no mention of signing up for a Paypal account until after approval of the purchase. He entered his personal info along with our personal email address and it went through. Then we received the email that states that he can access his statements and make payments by creating a Paypal account...which he cannot do because it is the same email that I use for my account. It will not link the accounts obviously with the info being for two different people. Had I known, I could have the credit line in my name...hindsight is 20/20. Just trying to figure out a fix here.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why not open a PayPal account in his own name with another email address? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cmfanatic
Contributor
Contributor

It worked!!! Thank you!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.