23 REPLIES 23

kfosburg

I kept getting the same error until I tried the other suggested link:

The link to use is https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_register-youth

Login to Me Too

Corrado68
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome! I could use the link provided by titophe and create an account for my son.

I think it's a shame that PayPal messed this thing up so badly, there is info everywhere (also on the PayPal website) about the student accounts but every link coming from the official Paypal website is leading you into a black hole with no way to make it work.

While I was waiting for a support representative to pick up my call (10 minutes waiting an no joy) I found this thread in the community forums and solved my problem. Thanks again titophe.

PS:

The link only works if you're already logged into your PayPal account on the same browser session, otherwise it returns an error message. I almost gave up before discovering this detail.

Login to Me Too

littletechgirl
New Community Member

Thank you!!! I was pulling my hair out. The link worked. The trick is to log in right before clicking it. However, now I cannot find it anywhere in my Paypal account! I guess I will have to bookmark my kid's accounts.

Kris

Login to Me Too

Corrado68
Contributor
Contributor

Kris,

you should be able to see your child's account in the main page of your Paypal account. Mine is bottom/left in a dedicated box showing the account totals, you can click and see the details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.