Rules for password creation

WaryOldGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I have not changed my PayPal password in many years, and would like to do so, since it is not sufficiently long. What are the rules for creating a new password? Specifically...

• Are spaces allowed?
  • Are any special characters disallowed?
  • Is there a maximum length?

Personal US account.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @WaryOldGuy,

While there are no posted rules for the creation of a password, there is a strength checker that is incorporated on the change password page that will not allow a password deemed not strong enough. The tips for creating a strong password are as follows:

• More than 8 characters long.
  • Use lower case, upper case, a number, and a special character [like ~!@#$%^&*()_+=?><.,/].
  • Not a word or date associated with you (like a pet’s name, family names, or birth dates).
  • A combination of words with unusual capitalization, numbers, and special characters interspersed. Misspelled words are stronger because they are not in the dictionary used by attackers.
  • Something you can remember.

For more information, please take a look here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.