Ridiculous... Can't Log In in order to delete my account!!! AAAA wat do!????

Mackenzie1993

I recently moved to another country and since doing so whenever I try to log into my paypal, it senses that I'm in another location and refuses to let me log in. It keeps asking me to verify my phone number. I love in another country though and have no access to my old phone number, there is absolutley no option to view my account past this identity check whatsoever. There is alos no option to email paypal since they need me to log in 1st yet they won't let me do that. All I want to bloody do is log in to delete my account or contact support to do this but alas, I can't./ The only option I'm gioven to contact support is by phone yet I can't call an American phone number from Japan! NO THANK YOU!

How on earth is paypal this frustrating, do they have any humans making decisions?

Any ideas on what I could possibly do to get around this frustration paypal is forcing me through

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mackenzie1993

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The idea is that you withdraw all funds and remove cards / bank accounts and close your account before you leave your old country and then open another one in your new country.

Otherwise if you start trying to log in overseas security would be triggered as paypal would think your account had been hacked and being used by a scammer overseas.

The only way to sort it is to contact customer services who will then ask you to upload documents to verify who you are before allowing you to close it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mackenzie1993

So I contact support with my new paypal address?

In that;

I have an old American paypal account

I moved to Japan

Made a Japanese paypal account

and now should contact Japanese paypal support in order to close my old American account?

Is that what you mean?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mackenzie1993

I guess if its a US account you would contact US customer services surely??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.