Resident address and shipping address

Redbeetroot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I signed up for PayPal recently, and put my address and country. I  do not live in America, but I have a skybox service  in USA I want my packages shipped there, how would I go about getting that to happen when I live in a different country and have my country address listed in PayPal as my address, I don't want them sending my packages to my residence (I wouldn't get it, or they may lose it). 

Thanx in advance to any answers

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redbeetroot

To verify your paypal account you would need to add a card with a billing address that matches your physical address.

You can add another prepaid or gift card to pay for things if they are cards paypal accept (they don't accept all) but you would need a proper card or bank account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redbeetroot

Paypal is country specific so you have to have a paypal account in the country you reside and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You can't add an international address to a country specific paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Redbeetroot
Contributor
Contributor

So in other words, it's not possible to have my packages sent to my skybox, if I'm using PayPal?

I have another question currently I do not have a back account or credit card, I know PayPal says you have to link one of those to make purchases and to withdraw, is it possible to link a reloadable prepaid card in order to withdraw my money.

Also what about a gift card can I link that like a credit card or maybe even withdraw to it

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redbeetroot

To verify your paypal account you would need to add a card with a billing address that matches your physical address.

You can add another prepaid or gift card to pay for things if they are cards paypal accept (they don't accept all) but you would need a proper card or bank account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Redbeetroot
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you kernowlass, for taking the time to respond to me, I really appreciate it

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you buy on Ebay,you can have a shipping address in USA ,many foreign Ebay buyers have their items shipped to a forwarder in USA.

But if you buy on non Ebay site,it really depends on the seller if they will ship to your US address .

without a bank account or credit card linked to your Paypal account,how do you plan to fund your purchase?  

Login to Me Too

Redbeetroot
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you sumiko, now I know that I can at least use my skybox for eBay packages, in my country I have to go to a bank carry necessary information (ID etc) in order to get a reloadable prepaid card and as a result I would be connected to that bank, so I figured that would be a sufficient enough card to link to my PayPal account ( instead of having to get a credit card)

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what country are you in?

I doubt if a reloadable card from your bank will be accepted by Paypal,but try it and let us know

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.