Removing old financial info

davesfotowerks
Contributor
Contributor

You can't, I guess. Added my new account & card (same bank, just different numbers), and it's impossible to remove the old accounts.

Clicked on "Wallet", just like PP told me to do (and like I already did 100 times).

Clicked on the old bank.

Clicked on "Remove".

PP says "You can't do that 'cuz you got a pending transaction." I haven't had *any* transactions for months. Here's what they sent me:

1. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
    2. Click My money.   *There is no "My Money" link.

• Select the bank account you would like to make primary.

1.   Click Edit  *There is no "Edit" link.
  2.   Click Make Primary.   *There is no Make Primary link.

So, PP...explain.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hi davesfotowerks -

Apologies for the frustration that has brought you here. 😞

What you're most likely experiencing is an old order that never fully completed in our systems. Even if it was years ago, you got your item, the merchant got paid, there are instances where either their automated systems fail or someone just doesn't go in and click a button, but there will be an outstanding order floating around. That will keep you from removing old financials because the system doesn't want you removing the option you chose to fund the payment...even though it's done.

Best option is to get in touch with our customer service. We can pretty quickly search through and find the offending order and get it taken care of. Or, worse case, make sure the financial is removed. You can call/email us, send us a Tweet, or a private message on Facebook.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.