Removing Primary Bank Account

LaVetta
Contributor
Contributor

Circle of absurdity!  I've searched and found the same request to fix and find -- no lucid answers.  The feature to remove a bank (or set primary bank account) seems broken.  After Every attempt to remove a bank account the interface complains "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later"

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

add a new bank account,make it primary,then this bank becomes secondary,then try to remove it.

You may have to wait as there could be unfinished business with the bank account.

Login to Me Too

LaVetta
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your thoughtful reply; the problem continues after 6 months ongoing

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what country is your paypal account open,what is the name of your bank.

disputes can come in within 180 days,this may be the reason,you can call Paypal and ask.

if you are not using it,why not just let it sit there,

Login to Me Too

dragonsfire75
New Community Member

Hi, I had this problem too but by contacting Paypal I got these instructions and it worked well for changing my primary account.

This process needs to be done from a computer not an APP or tablet. I clicked directly on the link and then logged in. It will show it has changed but then it appears to be the same until you refresh the screen or come back into it from the link.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to the following address: http://www.paypal.com/bankaccount.
  3. Select the bank account you would like to make primary.
  4. Click Make Primary.

Before being able to close your old account you will have to wait for pending payments to finish. I thought I had all of them sorted but I have a recurring payment to Spotify so I had to change the back up account on that. Now I am just waiting on some others to finalise and I should be able to close off the account. Although now I have managed to change the primary account I know the old account will no longer be used anyway.

@LaVetta wrote:

Circle of absurdity!  I've searched and found the same request to fix and find -- no lucid answers.  The feature to remove a bank (or set primary bank account) seems broken.  After Every attempt to remove a bank account the interface complains "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.