Really? I can't change my primary email?

fulltothetip
New Community Member

I am going to delete it soon. So what is the suggestion? Delete my payal account to start a new one?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fulltothetip

Of course you can change it, I have done so a number of times.

Add your new email address > confirm it > make your new email address primary > remove the old one that is now not primary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fulltothetip

Of course you can change it, I have done so a number of times.

Add your new email address > confirm it > make your new email address primary > remove the old one that is now not primary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sweetpea1960
New Community Member
Can't confirm new email if Google locked me out of old one. So now what?
Login to Me Too

g_paul

I have added  my new email addy, and confirmed it. It shows in settings. However, no way to make new email the primary and there is no remove option for the old email addy. Confirmations of payments going to old email, not to my new.

Login to Me Too

illinoiscentral
New Community Member

PayPal didn't make it the easiest to find changing your primary email. One would think there would be a link in the list that says "Make this the primary." Nope.

First, you need to confirm the email you want to use (only makes sense). Then, in the list of emails,  click on "Update" and you should see this, and obviously check that box. I can't remember what happens next, and I don't feel like trying it. Good luck!

PaypalChangePrimaryAddy.gif

Login to Me Too

Chappsnet
New Community Member

Unfortunately, that solution doesn't work for me. In my account, I have my old primary email, and my secondary email. Both validated. When I go into my secondary email and check off 'make this my primary email for notifications' and click the Change Email button, I get an error message saying 'This email already exists in your account'. HUH? I know it already exists, because I'm editing it. There seems to be no way to make it my primary, which is a problem since my primary is about to be deleted. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.