Problems re-linking credit card

ArMM1998
New Community Member

So my sister linked her credit card to my paypal account, but she never got around doing the activation process. Now she needs to buy something but the credit card isn't linked anymore. 

She also  (without telling me) created another paypal account and tried to link the credit card to it. Though she says it didn't work.

I'm trying to re-link it so i can activate it for her but it keeps saying that there was a problem processing my request and that i should try again soon.

I will keep trying every once in a while but just wanted to know if there could be a problem with the fact that she tried another paypal account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

One cannot link a card that has a different name on it - the card name must match the name of the account owner.  For security purposes, when someone tries to link a card both the name and number are saved - this is to protect both the card owner and account owner against fraud.   You need to contact Customer Support for assistance as the system has flagged the card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.