Problem Transfering funds from bank to PayPal

RSWWLA
New Community Member

I am trying to transfer funds from my bank account to my new PayPal account, and it just isn't happening! PayPal help line inconsistent and ineffective. Bank is not seeing requests for funds transfer.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
This is what they will tell you If you call. " your account is to new, you need to Make some small transactions every once in a while and get some account history" not like PayPal is a service for moving money right.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you verify your account?

what is the name of the bank?

is it in your name,name must match exactly.

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
The name on the bank account only has to match up if your pulling money from the bank account. Moving money to the bank account does not involve any sort of verification.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to verify your bank account whether you transfer to or from the bank.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

can I log into your Paypal account,link my bank account and transfer all your PAYPAL fund to my bank account?

Can you link my bank account to your paypal account and transfer money from my bank account to your Paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Dennisw2468
Contributor
Contributor
Yes indeed youn can. You can link any bank account to any PayPal account, two separate names, 2 separate addresses, there is no verification. You obviously have to have access to the bank account to verify micro deposits. That is a given... transfering money to your bank account from your PayPal is done with no bank verifications. It's only when you make a transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is when there will be an verification procedure in place that ensures the information corresponds.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

wrote:

I am trying to transfer funds from my bank account to my new PayPal account, and it just isn't happening! PayPal help line inconsistent and ineffective. Bank is not seeing requests for funds transfer.

what do you mean by not happening?ACH has 4 levels of transfer,Paypal uses the free but slowest levels.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Dennisw2468 and @RSWWLA!

I just wanted to jump in to clarify that the bank itself isn't the issue, but an account owner's identity needs to be verified in order to add money from a bank account to the PayPal balance. Federal regulations require us to both know our customer's identity and to be able to account for money moving in and out of our system. For more information on this, please visit: http://bit.ly/2lXVTaV

If you still need assistance, please give us a call by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also contact us on Facebook or Twitter. We are more than happy to help! 

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.