Primary bank account

sfgiantsjunky
Contributor
Contributor
I can't find the place to change my primary bank account I don't have a bank account click button
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

jrwalt
New Community Member

Where do I go to make a change on which is my primary bank account?

Login to Me Too

slammerjammer
New Community Member

My primary bank was bought out by a new bank.  Account information stayed the same .  Name changed.  Can't seem to change primary bank to new name.  Keeps telling me that processing is going on.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi sfgiantsjunky and jrwalt -

Sorry for the delay in responding. For the time being, as we make updates to our new experience, you would probably be best served switching to the Classic site to make that change.

If you click on the Wallet option, then click Classic site at the bottom of the page you'll be taken to the old version of our Profile. From there click on the My Money section and you should be able to update the primary bank.

Hope that helps!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

GeminiPS
Contributor
Contributor

We have a US bank account set up in the US.  Right now it appears that you can only have one account where paypal depsoits money, can we set paypal to deposit to more then one account depending on where the sale occurs?

Login to Me Too

frustrated_x2
New Community Member

its 2016 and this information still cannot be found easily on the site.

All i want to do is change to a new primary account.  i'm closing my exiting primary account, and paypal over drew the account i want to close.

have new bank setup, cannot delete old.   cannot close my papal account either.  

i see no option but to call support.  at that point, i will likely close the account as these fundamental account management features are apparently hidden.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you said Paypal overdrew your account,which means you have a negative balance in your account,which means you owe Paypal money.

You cannot close the account until you pay the money back !

Login to Me Too

Rob__H
New Community Member

I'm also trying to figure out how to change my primary bank acount, does anyone know how to do this with the new site? It was pretty simple with the classic site but PayPal appear to have hidden the functionality all I can add additional accounts but I can't delete my old account as it's the primary one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.