Primary Email

rondonaghe
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to change my primary email account, since the one I've been using here just gets a lot of spam. How do I go about changing it. When I attempt to edit that email address, the message pops up that you cannot edit your primary email. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You will need to add a new email and make that one primary.

Then you can remove the other one if you want.

Login to Me Too

designedge
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I've added a new email address, but I'm still unable to delete the primary one.  Clearly I don't know where to from there to make my new email address the primary one.

Login to Me Too

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @designedge,

That sounds like a frustrating situation. I'm glad you have posted this to the PayPal Community Help Forum. 🙂

I understand that you have added a new email address and would like to remove the current primary email address. Have you confirmed the email address that has just been added? In order to remove a primary email address, a new email address must be confirmed and set to primary. This will allow the old email address to be removed. 

Please contact PayPal Customer Support if you need further assistance. They will be able to assist in correcting the email address. 

- Krystin 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.