Please help: Account cannot be closed

Tyrion21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I want to close my PayPal account and transfer the remaining balance to other PayPal account or Bank account which is not in US. Even after sending e-mails to the customer support I didn't get any response from PayPal support. Could you please help me by letting me know the procedure at the earliest. Please note that my account is in limited state and I cannot find a way to remove the limitation from the web site. My phone number and account number are not sufficient to contact the customer care number. Please help as early as possible. Thanks!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If your account is limited, you cannot do anything using your account, that includes sending and withdrawing funds. If you have any funds left in your limited account, they are held there for 180 days until then, your account is useless. After the given time, PayPal will now let you withdraw the funds but the only option to withdraw it will be through a check issued by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Tyrion21
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.

It's certain that 180 days had past. Now how should I get the check issued by PayPal? It seems it's not possible to contact them at all. Please let me know. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.