Phone Number

steve7798
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have just moved from Australia to the United Kingdom.  I'm being asked for a confirmation code to be sent to my number.  I have a new UK mobile number which I'm only able to add the number, not the country code.

How can I change my phone number to commence with +44

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steve7798

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steve7798

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Omics101
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve never went to any country and I can’t comfirm my phone number
Login to Me Too

luka3rd
Contributor
Contributor
Me too... PayPal's sms with the code just doesn't seem to work. And I hate this community issues solving, as nobody here can really know why it is not working!
Login to Me Too

berqin
New Community Member

I Think It`s very inconvenient

Login to Me Too

shinninglightpv
Contributor
Contributor
1. Are you directly saying a card details, bank account that has been used on a previous PayPal account can be re-used in a new PayPal account. 2. Do I really have to close the old PayPal account, after I removed the details and used it on a new PayPal account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.