Permanently Limited Paypal Withdrawal without bank

jaewonjung
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. My PayPal account was recently permanently limited. I was notified that I had to wait at the most 6 months to withdraw my funds(I had about $900). My account was not connected to a bank account and was only connected to a prepaid debit card. 

Will I get to get all my money back?

How will I be able to recieve my money without a connected bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

At the end of the 180 days you should get a notice from PayPal with options for receiving your money.  I think you'll be able to request a check,but it may be required that you cash it at a bank.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

At the end of the 180 days you should get a notice from PayPal with options for receiving your money.  I think you'll be able to request a check,but it may be required that you cash it at a bank.

Login to Me Too

jaewonjung
Contributor
Contributor

I do not own a bank account. Could I cash the check out with a friend's bank account? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As far as I know it doesn't need to be deposited, just cashed at a bank.

No need to think about it much now as you need to wait until the end of the limitation.

Login to Me Too

jaewonjung
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry one last question.

What sort of Identification would I need to cash the check? Also is there any chance I could request the check under someone else's name?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have no idea about what ID but it would have to match your PayPal account.

It would be fraud to try to use someone else's name and that could lock up your account with no recourse.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@jaewonjung wrote:

Sorry one last question.

What sort of Identification would I need to cash the check? Also is there any chance I could request the check under someone else's name?

Paypal would not issue you a check in other person name,it is a bank check and must be cashed or deposited in a bank.

one way to cash it is to go to the bank where the check is drawn on and present proper ID.

or use the check to open a bank account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

proper ID is usually your drive license,to open a b ank account in USA,bank would need your SS number,driver license/passport/birth certificate.

Login to Me Too

awowiezowie
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone else that has a question about cashing a PayPal check without having a bank account. I'm not sure which institution PayPal uses for their business but if it is a local bank you can take it to the bank where the check came from. Sometimes they will charge a fee, (i.e. Wells Fargo is $5.00 per check), if you don't have an account with them and some want two forms of identification.

Second option, is to sign the check over to someone you trust so that they can cash the check for you at their institution they do their banking at.

I hope this makes sense and helps at least one person on here. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.