Permanent limitation for no reason!

Bogan12345
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I have recently been permanently limited on my paypal account. I sold a lot of items over the past 2 days on ebay and paypal limited me for unusual activity. It told me to provide ID, address, and proof of shipment. I had a couple problems with that because my main address was not set correctly and couldn't change it due to account limitations. Also I could not provide proof of shipment because paypal was my primary source for purshising labels. So I refunded every transaction and wrote an email explaining everything to paypal. Shortly after I got an email telling me that my paypal was permantly limited. It gave me no reason for the ban execpt " we often review accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we decided to close it because of security reasons." I have already called support but they said they couldn't help me and I emailed support back with no response yet. I also was by no means a new seller on ebay. I had several transactions on ebay and have a 100% rating. Any ideas on why paypal would do this? How do i resolve this? Any advise? I'm already a broke student and can't afford to just loose $300 for no apparent reason.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You did not lose $300 since you have sold nothing(you returned the money and did not ship,you suffer no loss).

There is just something they dont like,did you haev an old account with Paypal who owed money?

Do you get many disputes,did you file many disputes?

Login to Me Too

Bogan12345
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for making it unclear. I meant I had a balance of 300 after refunding everything. The 300 was not from these recent transactions.
Login to Me Too

Bogan12345
Contributor
Contributor
And no. It gave me no reason for the ban.
Login to Me Too

U want the truth?...

Paypal could give a flying **bleep** about you or your $300.  Even if it was the only $$$ you had to your name and absolutely needed it to eat or get hotel to avoid freezing weather, guess what.... THEY'D STILL TAKE IT!   Real talk, my boy.  You've been officially **bleep** by Illuminiti.  Get used to it!

They have the power to do it and they did.  Period.  

Is it right?   Hell no its not!!   But you cant do **bleep** about it.  Maybe lawyer up, but you aint gonna compete against their counsel and they know that, so dont know what to tell you other than the truth...   YOU JUST GOT JACKED AND THEY DONT CARE, CUZ ITS THEIR GAME BRO!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.