Paypal wont let me transfer money to debit card

re11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I have a Visa debit card, and have previously used the transfer to debit card function on my paypal (instead of waiting the 1 business day for it to transfer to my bank) however recently when I try to transfer to my debit card, the option doesnt show. All my card info seems to be correct on the linked cards section. Is this just an error on paypal's side or is there something im missing? (Havent changed anything to warrent the card transfer suddenly not working)

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

darlmcf
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that update JillBird! 24-48 hours though!?!! Ugh! Such an inconvenience! Get it together PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Hulkamania
Contributor
Contributor

OMG Im going to lose my car any second because of this. Im too scared to look outside to see if its still there. Ive been trying to transfer money to my debit card since last night. I think Im about to throwup. This is so wrong of Paypal> I need my car in order to run my business. I might as well close my doors and put out a sign "NO LONGER IN BUSINESS". You have $700 of my money Paypal and I want it NOW

Login to Me Too

NAWade2005

Im going through the same thing. this is ridiculous because they are allowing people to send money into their hands but then are not allowing us to transfer our money to our bank accounts! Its sick and there not saying a word about anything!

Login to Me Too

Ramonacangetit
Contributor
Contributor
Tring to get my money, this is totally stupid. I transfer to my card regularly and today while I'm traveling it's going to become an issue.
Login to Me Too

Diamond313
New Community Member
I'm having this problem. As well and it's ridicoulous... WTF, why won't you let me have my money....
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diamond313

The info has already been posted that its a techie glitch that will take 24-48 hours to sort so keep on posting saying the same thing is not really of any benefit to you is it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mpritts88
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone else notice other information changing when you try to re-add your debit card?
Login to Me Too

laurenjeanlee
New Community Member

It's obviously not just a "glitch" that's supposed to take 24-48 hours considering this thread was from January 18th, and it's now February 7th and it's still not working!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laurenjeanlee

Well it was a known techie glitch back when i posted that info as it was confirmed by paypal customer services.

If you are having problems now then it could be something else as others are transfering to cards ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zahkariah
Contributor
Contributor
I was just experiencing this terrifying experience. lol but after a few moment of trouble shooting I got it figured out. if you are using the PayPal app make sure it's up to date. or you can sign in through the PayPal website and do it that way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.