Paypal won't release a payment to a verified user

chrissis1
New Community Member

I sent a payment 6 days ago for $125 (I have over $600 in my account) to a verified Paypal user and mentioned a person's name who does work for her.  First paypal put a limitation on my account, which was the equivalent of shutting it down.  They wanted the date of birth of the user.  So I provided it.  Now they want the date of birth of the person I mentioned in the "note section" who doesn't even have a paypal account.

I have asked to cancel the payment and they refuse to cancel it.  They say it's under review.  What are they reviewing.  If I'm a verified paypal user in good standing and I am sending money to another verified user, and have provided her date of birth, why is it any of paypal's business what the money is for?  I'm not paying for illegal drugs or trafficking.  It's for work she provided to me.

Paypal is ruthless now.  I have spoken to 5 representatives who take particular glee is not helping resolve this situation.  

Has anyone had this happen with Paypal?  They are drunk with power and arrogance.  I can't get this woman paid and I can't get anyone to help me.  Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?  

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrissis1

Sorry the only folks that can resolve it are customer services, and being 'quick and efficient' is not in their vocab at times.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.