Paypal, what are you doing? I'll never give you a copy of my passport.

snsns
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal,

May I know why do you need this sensitive personal information such as my passport? Is there a law which allows you to demand this information selectively from me, but not everyone else on PayPal?

I may think about this, only if you require everyone on Paypal to do the same. Until then, there is no chance.

Until then please unlock my account ASAP!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snsns

If you don't supply it then your account will stay locked so your choice really.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/PayPal%E2%80%99s-Customer-Identification-Program-(CIP)-an...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

snsns
Contributor
Contributor

What is really ridiculous, is that, there is no option even to close this damn account. By the way the account in good standing for 10 years. All I did is paid for Ebay and Uber. Will continue doing this without PayPal with no problem. Just need to spend some time on this, thanks PayPal for not giving me any other choice and not letting me to close my own account. Also thanks for ignoring all my messages, so I need to post in this community instead.

kernowlass thanks for the link, but this article is pure nonsense. No one ever wanted my photo ID for many years.

I'm open to alternatives, but no way giving my passport to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snsns

Fair enough.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.