Paypal stole my money

Melenia
So paypal stole my money and they won't refund it. I withdrew money from my wallet into my bank account, they withdrew the money from wallet,but never put it into my account. I've asked for a resolution several times to no avail. They say they start tracking but have no response from my bank, which is a lie as they never contacted them. It's been over 3 months now. Money still missing. They take weeks to reply to each message. My money is gone. 94 euros and all they do is circle through the same pre cut replies saying nothing and doing nothing
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melenia

Can you even withdraw euros to a U.S bank account??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Melenia
Isn't a us bank account ^^
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Melenia

Can you even withdraw euros to a U.S bank account??

Paypal will conert it into US $ and send it to her bank account ,assuming she is in USA.

she has not told us where she is?

what is the name of the bank and what country did you open your Paypal account? 

Login to Me Too

Melenia
Opened it in Cyprus, and it's Bank of Cyprus.but that's irrelevant as currency gets converted, same as payments..
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

from Paypal site on Cyrpus-

Withdraw:Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
  • To your US bank account.

no bank

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal eyes are bigger than its stomach,it boast doing business in over 200 countries and deal with 25 currencies.

But in this case and many others,it has no banking relationship with local banks in certain countries,so in your case,it should not even allow you to link a Cyprus bank.

so you link your local  bank and transfer fund to that bank,the money is somewhere in limbo,I bet you there is al ot of money sitting somewhere in limbo and who is sorting them out?

Login to Me Too

ebalstudios
Contributor
Contributor

If I only found out more about Paypal before I started using it! I will update my blog to warn people.

Paypal have frozen 935$ of my hard earned money and won't even reply.

Paypal are so horrible and we should never use them again, I think the best thing we can do is to warn everyone about their services and what they do so the word is out.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@ebalstudios wrote:

If I only found out more about Paypal before I started using it! I will update my blog to warn people.

Paypal have frozen 935$ of my hard earned money and won't even reply.

Paypal are so horrible and we should never use them again, I think the best thing we can do is to warn everyone about their services and what they do so the word is out.

dont hijack another person thread,start your own.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.