Paypal mysterious unexplained money transfer for $200+ from my account by Paypal itself!!

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

paypal_transfer_theft.jpg

Today I see this strange undisclosed transfer of $228 in my Paypal account. It seems like a withdrawal of money by Paypal. I do have one fraudulent chargeback pending for which they already withdrew money and it was for a different amount. I continue clicking on "Let's try that again" and it just keeps reloading this same screen. Sounds like  Paypal has taken money out of my account and does not want to show me for what!? This is ALARMING.

P.S. Strangely enough this TRANSFER is not a chargeback settlement, since chargeback settlements are processed differently, by claiming the original payment back, but this one is a very suspicious transfer, as it is in addition to the funds that were claimed back, then seemingly restored, unexplained transfer to cover their $20 fee (I seem to win the chargeback so why the fee?) PLUS they are taking my $208 for some reason even that the chargeback was cancelled by the buyer's credit card provider. Is Paypal taking money this way from customers that are already being abused by fraudsters? Talking about adding insult to injury!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

This appears to be a second chargeback settlement charge for a $208 chargeback!!! Very "clever", because at first it seems that Paypal may have refunded the seemingly "resolved" chargeback to me, but later they charge me the $228, which they state includes a $20 Paypal chargeback fee, while the buyer says they asked their bank to release the funds to me since they seemingly received the goods (USPS were too lazy to deliver, so they returned to me as "undeliverable as addressed" even that the byer states the address is fine, and I re-shipped the goods again causing months of delay and the buyer says he claimed it as "UNAUTHORIZED" charge because... the delivery was delayed.... not by my fault though and I explained it to the buyer many times yet the consumer today fails to read).

Also, the information is very hard to understand under the "new" Paypal interface and the old one it says it is outdated, but yet they keep on sending us to the old one anyway and now it is very hard to understand where is what as Paypal has started hiding a lot of information that is impossible to find now. There must be reasons why they are doing this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.