Paypal keeps asking to save my password.

Briangsk
Contributor
Contributor

When I sign in to paypal through ebay it keeps asking to save my password. I do not want to save it. It only gives me the option to save it, or maybe later. I keep hitting maybe later. So it keeps asking every time I sign in. I do not want to accidentally hit yes and be stuck with everyone using my computer to have access to my paypal account. Is there a way to have it not ask anymore???

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Briangsk,

Great question - PayPal is not actually asking if you want to save your password. This is a feature of the browser you're using asking to save your login details for websites. You'll need to check your browser to see if there's an option to turn this off within the settings. I hope this information helps! Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Briangsk
Contributor
Contributor

No this is different. It looks like paypal wants me to agree to leaving my password active so I can do one click buying without retyping my password. (Kind of like what Amazon does with 1 click buying.) I use firefox and when it wants to save passwords, it is the firefox popup, and it gives me an option to save/not now/or never for this site. The one that appears on the paypal sign in window only gives me the option of save or not now. It does not give me the option of no or never. Maybe I will try to get a screen shot of it next time. I can only get to the screen during a purchase.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Briangsk,

Thanks for providing the Community with that information. My apologies for misunderstanding - the feature you're encountering is called One Touch. I'm happy to forward your feedback on regarding this feature and it's possible negative effects. Thank you for your feedback!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Briangsk
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe you can help with this... The link you sent gave me this info. What is the profile icon?? Or where is it? Is it on the account summery page?? The only thing I see that says security is a link at the bottom of the page that just gives me info on how safe the paypal system is for buyers and sellers. Thanks,

How do I turn off the One Touch feature?

To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Profile icon.
  3. Click Security.
  4. Click Edit next to "Stay logged in for faster purchases."
  5. Click Log out per device or Turn off One Touch on all devices
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Briangsk,

No problem! Do you have a business account or a personal account? If you have a business account, follow these steps:

How do I turn off the One Touch feature?
To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Profile icon.
  3. Click Log out of all devices

If you have a personal account, using the image I provided, click on the cogwheel at the top right next to "Log out," then "Security" once that page loads. The bottom option on that page will be "Log in with PayPal."

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Briangsk
Contributor
Contributor

That was it, I did not see the security link at the top of the page before, just the one at the bottom. I have it turned off and will see what it does next time I pay. Thanks,

Login to Me Too

Briangsk
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it kept asking me a few more times, and then all at once stopped asking. It was like it had to ask 20 or 30 times and then no more. Not sure if turning the one touch feature off helped or not. Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

AlanBeat
Contributor
Contributor

This is the single most irritating thing about using both eBay and PayPal.

Quite simply I NEVER want to save my PayPal password, stay logged in or be remembered for security reasons. The option to "Never ask me this again" should be present. It's a damned pest.

It annoys me to the point that should this not be gone by the time eBay switches it's default payment provider once it's deal with PayPal ends, and if that provider doesn't give such a prompt, I'll be ditching PayPal. Indeed, I might even switch and just start using my credit card instead (although I'd much prefer not to) - the main reason I use PayPal is buyer protection, unnecessary when credit card payments are protected by the card company.

Login to Me Too

Georgedepinedo
Contributor
Contributor

This is August 2018 and Paypal keeps on asking me to save my password or leave it for later. I had made the mistake of saving it and then had to do an internet search on how to log out again because there are so many steps that are not intuitive and are easy to forget.

Please Paypal, give us the option of "NEVER ASK AGAIN", that's what us consumers want.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.