Paypal explain why it's so difficult or impossible to change primary email.

evagoblog
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting on here hoping that someone from PayPal will answer this so all can see, but don't know if these are just community  forums.

There are many threads on here about this issue, so obviously there are people who want to change their primary email address but can't. I saw threee solutions, two are easy to find again (one didn't work and the other means I have to find a different computer) I'll keep searching for the third, but it shouldn't be so difficult, have more secuirity questions or whatever if you are concerned about that but let us change the email address if we need it. PayPal please respond as to why it's so difficult to change and will you be willing to accede to the fact that people DO want to change it.  Thanks for answering. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It's quite easy > add your new email address > confirm it > go back in and mark it primary. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mammogal
New Community Member

I also have been trying to change my primary email.  I got a confirmation email on my new email account but when I try to confirm it, the new email address and confirmation code will not work. I've wasted an hour with this now.

Login to Me Too

Mammogal
New Community Member

I was just successful!  My problem was that I was accidentally using the confirmation email message from ebay rather than PayPal.  OOPS! Iguess that would make a difference!  Sorry.

Login to Me Too

Esnider225
New Community Member

I was able to add a dummy email and make it primary. Then I edited the email I wanted as primary and then made it primary.  I spent many attempts trying to figure this out.  It kept telling me the email already existed so that is when I made the dummy email that didn't need confirming because it just thought I was editing it. Steps- add your email, confirm it, then come back in and change that to a dummy, mark as primary. Then add the email you really want to use and then mark it as primary.  You should be left with the dummy email and new primary.  Delete the dummy.

Login to Me Too

PegP
Contributor
Contributor

There isn't a "button" to change the primary from one to the other.

Login to Me Too

PegP
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I logged out and back in and the button showed up. Cat Tongue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.