PayPal to Ally Bank

Lynnapha
Contributor
Contributor

I found a job that pays you through PayPal, however, I'm an Ally bank customer, and I've read that PayPal refuses to work with online banks. As this would be the way I make money for right now, I would need to transfer the money to my bank account. PayPal is supposed to be able to transfer money to bank accounts easily, but won't because Ally is a competitor. This is ridiculous, and if there is no way of doing this, then PayPal is useless to me. Is there any way I can link PayPal to ally? Or even Google Wallet which allows me to send to Ally? 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lynnapha

Info in this thread >>

www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings-Archive/Paypal-and-Ally-Bank/td-p/1031048

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lynnapha
Contributor
Contributor

I already read this thread, and I was hoping there was some way that PayPal would be able to link to Ally since then, considering it's rated highly for being a trustworthy bank, and the answer that "there is a higher risk associated" is so obviously a cop-out on PayPal's part considering they themselves are in online financing. I guess the answer is still the same, that's a real shame. I will be deleting PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

take a look at WIREX.

get a paypal business debit card or open a paypal prepaid debit card,or ask for a bank check sent to you

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just open an account with a traditional brick and mortar bank.not that hard

Login to Me Too

Lynnapha
Contributor
Contributor

As a recent graduate, I'm going to be moving to somewhere (not sure where) opening an online bank is the best decision if I don't want to open a bank in one state, then close it so that I have to make a new one elsewhere. In the information age, the fact that  PayPal, which is NOT brick and mortar, won't connect to an online bank is absolutely RIDICULOUS. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you don't like PayPa security policies you can choose a different service.

As for banks there are a lot of banks which have offices throughout the country and also offer online banking.  In the information age online security is very important to PayPal and PayPal will perform it's own risk and security reveiw, not being subject to public reviews of it's policies.  So, choose the bank and online service which works best for you; it doesn't have to be PayPal.

Login to Me Too

AllyShank
Contributor
Contributor
Your response is worthless. The OP has a legitimate complaint about PayPal refusing to work with the most popular online bank. It is fine for him to complain about that or ask why that is. It is not fine for you to dismiss his points and tell him to quit PayPal if he doesn't like it. That can be a response to literally everything anyone says on the forums and it would be just as unhelpful as your post.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@AllyShank wrote:
Your response is worthless. The OP has a legitimate complaint about PayPal refusing to work with the most popular online bank. It is fine for him to complain about that or ask why that is. It is not fine for you to dismiss his points and tell him to quit PayPal if he doesn't like it. That can be a response to literally everything anyone says on the forums and it would be just as unhelpful as your post.

The issue here is Paypal would not work with Ally bank,and OP is getting paid via PAYPAL.

so try a different solution,convince his employer to pay him using a different payment method.

Login to Me Too

handynell
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. I'm switching away from a brick/mortar bank that has not valued me as a customer and I've opened accounts with  

Ally. So far I've received great service from Ally and much better interest on my deposits. Ally is a competitor of PayPal, Lynne? How is that? I did not know that. 

I'm an eBay seller and need to have my now yearlong-established Ally acct linked. It did not occur to me that PayPal would have a problem with Ally. Ally has employed 2-step security in my dealings with them, unlike PayPal. I'm not convinced security is the problem here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.