PayPal test account not intergrating with my website - throws out an error.

Amazech
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried tying up my Paypal account to my website but it throws out an error that looks like this "RESULT=-1&RESPMSG=Failed to connect to host Input Server Uri = https://pilot-payflowpro.paypal.com/". 

Can some one tell me what I would need to do? I am not very tech savvy 😞

"

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TC_Merchant
Contributor
Contributor

What platform are you using?  We are having this issue as well. The live URL works fine, but test URL returns this error. I called support, they said it must be our server that is not supporting TLS 1.2 (which is a higher security standard than SSL 3 and TLS 1). My test connections from my website to other servers are on TLS 1.2 (e.g. when using wget, or code-based HTTP requests). However, if I disable TLS 1.0 to enforce TLS 1.2 the live URL does not work either as if Payflow Pro API is forcing TLS 1.0 only.

I really would like to hear comments from a developer here.

Login to Me Too

TC_Merchant
Contributor
Contributor

We are in process of upgrading part of our app (the part that communicates with PayPal) to newer .NET framewok with TLS1.2 enabled. This seems to be working in our initial tests. This is the downside of mantaining your own shopping cart. If you are using a 3rd party shopping cart software and/or a plugin that communicates with PayPal you will have to contact the vendor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.