PayPal shows no money

Nemanja
Contributor
Contributor

Ok,so i got PayPal account and linked and confirmed my card. After that I verifyed my credit card(Visa). But my PayPal account still shows 0 €. I know that is not how much money i have on my credit card since I payed 150 €  to my Visa in my bank.Please help me with this problem it is very urgent for me to find solution.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nemanja

You don't need to add funds to your paypal account balance if you are a buyer.

If you have a linked card then paypal take each payment from the card as you make the transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nemanja
Contributor
Contributor
See,that is what I don't understand.Isn't PayPal supposed to show how much money I have on my credit card? Ps- i havent bought or sold anything yet using my Pay Pal(i am new to this so i dont know how thimgs work)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nemanja

Why would they?

I have a bank account and a card linked to my paypal account but its none of paypals business how much i have on each.

I just complete checkout and they take the amount that i authorise for the payment from the funding source that i choose.

Unless you have a paypal debit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nemanja
Contributor
Contributor
No, i have visa electron debit card....im not from US . So if i chose to buy something online and i click option to pay with paypal will it allow me to buy(since paypal shows me 0€)?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nemanja

Well when i buy something my paypal balance is nearly ALWAYS 0 as I have not sold anything recently and don't bother to add funds to my paypal balance as its pointless if i have a card or bank account linked.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Nemanja wrote:
See,that is what I don't understand.Isn't PayPal supposed to show how much money I have on my credit card? Ps- i havent bought or sold anything yet using my Pay Pal(i am new to this so i dont know how thimgs work)

PAYPAL keeps track of how much money you have in your Paypal account,if you like you can find a way to transfer some money  to your Paypal account.

It does not have to know how much you have in your bank account or card?

what country are you in? 

Login to Me Too

Momma-t
Contributor
Contributor

When you link a card it will not show your balance on PayPal. You just pay with your Paypal account  and it will be charged to your credit . Card. The only way your bands will change from zero is if you add money from your bank account to your PayPal or if somebody sends you money through PayPal. When you link a card with money on it it won't change the balance on your Paypal account. You just use your PayPal and it will deduct it from your credit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.