PayPal defaulting to OLD address even after it has been removed (???)

A2Scooter
Contributor
Contributor

Recently made a rather large purchase using funds drawn from a bank account.  We moved to a new address out of state eight months ago, at which time I updated my PayPal profile and deleted EVERY old address and added/confirmed the new one.

When I made this latest purchase, I neglecting to notice that the OLD shipping address (which is no longer even in my profile anywhere) came up during the transaction.  I realize I could've changed it had I noticed it (no lectures on the obvious please).  I immediately contacted the seller in hopes that they would be able to correct it without making me jump through hoops (still waiting to hear back from them...it's a weekend).

The question is, HOW did the old address even come up?  The ONLY address I have in my profile is the new one.  I've made other purchases using that account since we've moved and not once has this happened before, until now.  What gives?

There's really no good way to bring this to the attention of PayPal without filing a dispute, which I don't want to.  My problem is with PayPal, not the seller.  Any suggestions?  Thanks -

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Bravo73
New Community Member
Same issue here. Already bit me onge before, fell for it again today. Go to account settings, see new address (for half a year by now) only, and as default for shipping & billing. Time to drop this archaic company I guess.
Login to Me Too

Fuji07

Same issue just happened to me, I ordered something after I deleted my old address and set my new address as primary. But the PayPal payment reciept still used the old address. Why has this not been fixed yet PayPal!

Login to Me Too

phusg

Same issue here too. Neither ebay or paypal have my old address and still it shows up as the shipping address in my paypal receipt. Occasionally my new address, but mostly my old. Sort it out paypal!

Login to Me Too

agganesh
Contributor
Contributor

OMG! I just put down the phone after speaking to aypal customer service and come across this long list of the complaints. I have been having the same issue for past 1.5 years and PayPal sends wrong shipping address (once I used for store delivery) to the sellers. I had to call the sellers everytime to ask them to send the items to my billing address. Customer service person has just confirmed she deleted all the old "hidden" addresses but also asked me to clear the cache, but this thing happend on my brand new computers also. If it happens again (looks like most probably) I will close my paypal account for sure. If they cannot resolve one single problem that happened so many customers in the past 4 years then it is not worth using their service anymore.

Login to Me Too

ProperBaffled

+1 Ridiculous !

Almost got caught with this, it's so easy to hit "pay now" before realising! (Many sites don't use the paypal address anyway, which makes this more unexpected when it happens).

Had to call to get the "address history" erased. (Doesn't take long, for what it's worth).

Paypal's 2016 revenue is listed as $10.842 billion, but they can't bear to spend a little to provide an interface for users to prevent potentially costly delivery mistakes?  This thread is 3 years old, searching shows user complaints as far back as 2010!!?

I'm proper baffled.

Login to Me Too

socks-socks
I just got hit with this and lost $23 and possibly my ability to get approved eclipse viewing glasses in time for the upcoming eclipse. Ridiculous this is going on for almost two years with no solution.
Login to Me Too

Slyasloki
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I can't believe this forum has been going for so long and no fix. 

Login to Me Too

Lorileeg36
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me. I called PayPal this morning to correct the issue. The agent denied that this was their fault and basically said that the site I had ordered from had my old address on file. It was a site I had NEVER purchased from before, btw. They refuse to take responsibility. I changed my address 7 months ago to new address and have had no issues until now. So annoyed...
Login to Me Too

Lukecaan
Yup, just had to pay $30 to make sure my mail redirects even though I specifically went through the effort to update all my addresses weeks ago. Not happy at all. Ensuring I don’t use PayPal for my transactions wherever possible from here, I’m that unhappy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.