PayPal changed the Conversion Options on their own

blackystrat
Contributor
Contributor

In March this year, I had changed the Conversion option on my profile to bill me as per the currency on the seller's invoice and had opted out of using PayPal's default currency conversion system as PayPal charges a higher conversion fee than my card issue'er. However, I was surprised to see today that this setting has been changed back to use PayPal's default currency conversion.

How could this happen. I never changed this voluntarily and I was not even notified that this setting was being altered.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

search past posts on this forum.

Login to Me Too

blackystrat
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Sumiko. I looked up some past posts on this and it seems to be a common issue with Paypal. Just got off the phone with PayPal customer support and they said they will "look into it"

Login to Me Too

rebek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

Since this is really annoying I'm going out of my way and writing a forum message:

From time to time PayPal does 2 things:

1. Change the location of the "Conversion Options" page location

2. Change the currency conversion type from "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" to "PayPal conversion".

I think the reason for these 2 things is obvious so I will not elaborate...But as for April 2018 this is how you find the newly placed "Conversion Options" page:

1. Press Settings wheel in top right corner
2. Payments
3. Manage pre approved payments
4. Click the link in "Can’t find what you’re looking for? Try the manage pre-approved payments page" 
5. Set available funding sources
6. Conversion options
7. Change back to "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice."

It is recommended to log in to PayPal several times a year and verify the option has not been changed again and also before making big purchases, but probably the location of the page will move again Smiley Happy

Good luck & G-D help us with monopolies...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.