PayPal Business and Personal accounts?

Adventurer2018
Contributor
Contributor

I need to have a business and a personal PayPal account but I need to use the same banking information on both accounts. Searching PayPal Help I see that it is possible to have two accounts, but a separate email address is required for both accounts. I can set up another email account, but I could not find any instruction on how to use the same bank and credit card accounts under both the business and personal accounts. Can someone point me to how to do this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

There's no instructions concerning what you have in mind - Per the FAQs:  You can have one Consumer account and one  Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Here's an update.  It is possible to have one bank account linked to a Personal Account and a Business Account however, it has to be approved through customer service.  You would need to contact them.  If you're a sole proprietorship, that may make sense as The sole proprietorship is not a legal entity.  It simply refers to a person who owns the business and is personally responsible for its debts.  If you have plans to be LLC, then you should have separate banking accounts and credit cards.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

There's no instructions concerning what you have in mind - Per the FAQs:  You can have one Consumer account and one  Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Here's an update.  It is possible to have one bank account linked to a Personal Account and a Business Account however, it has to be approved through customer service.  You would need to contact them.  If you're a sole proprietorship, that may make sense as The sole proprietorship is not a legal entity.  It simply refers to a person who owns the business and is personally responsible for its debts.  If you have plans to be LLC, then you should have separate banking accounts and credit cards.

Login to Me Too

Adventurer2018
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Guess I'll call customer service. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.