Overpaid monies - request for refund owing to me 'the buyer'

Jugdeo
New Community Member

I was requested to use both my husband and mine credit cards in order to fulfill the payment amount to the Seller (Travel agent), after the conversion of currency from zar to usd to rupees noticed that I had overpaid. Hence queried with the seller and he thereby issued me his side of the transaction as proof of payment amount in his currency (rupees) that was received by him.  After some time I decided to reconcile and realised that the fees deducted by paypal was alot more than expected hence I work it out with a spreadsheet inclusive of the conversion currency values etc.

Now I can safely say that an amount is owing to me and needs to be refunded by PAYPAL back into my credit card.

Kindly assist as this transactions dates were the 03-09-2016 and 06-09-2016 for credit card 1 and 2 respectively.

And how to I claim back my monies owing to me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Exchange rates and conversions cost money.  In future just just a single card for the purchase and use the currency required by the seller.

If you have an issue with a PayPal transaction you need to contact PayPal customer service directly.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

You could also open a dispute for the transactions, however, I have no  clue what reason you would use.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did PayPal do the conversion or the credit card? PayPal adds a couple more % point spread to the conversion rate which many knock down the amount some.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.