Oudated return address on shipping lables

kjrst9
Contributor
Contributor

I printed out a shipping label and it shows my old address as the return address.  I checked all my addresses on Paypal and Ebay and they are all correct. How do I fix this? 

I saw an old inquiry on a similar question but it was dated 2010 and the steps that were given are no longer applicable to the paypal  website today.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

druekberg
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever receive a reply to this problem? I have the same problem, and found the old post from 2010 also, which is now irrelevant. 

Thanks for any help you can give. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

paypal ship now -allow you to enter a shipping address and a ship to address,but then you have to do this every time you print a label.

Login to Me Too

druekberg
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand this reply. 

"paypal ship now -allow you to enter a shipping address" -- do you mean a return address? 

Why doesn't PayPal use the address in my Profile for my return address? Or at least, why doesn't it show me that it is using an old address on the page when I make out my shipping label? 

Why does PayPal still have my OLD address in its database? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try checking your profile to make sure the correct address is marked as Primary.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@druekberg wrote:

I don't understand this reply. 

"paypal ship now -allow you to enter a shipping address" -- do you mean a return address? 

Why doesn't PayPal use the address in my Profile for my return address? Or at least, why doesn't it show me that it is using an old address on the page when I make out my shipping label? 

Why does PayPal still have my OLD address in its database? 

paypal ship now allows you to change both shipping and return address,but it is only a one time deal.

go to https://www.paypal.com/?cmd=_ship-now

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have the same problem,when I log into my account,I cant find the old address but it keeps showing up,you have to dig around and find it and kill it.

I found it one day and kill it,but cant remember how I did it.

Like playing Pokemon Go, 

Login to Me Too

druekberg
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what I finally heard from PayPal (the second message; the first one didn't have a clue to the issue I was talking about): 

"Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Rogelio and I am happy to assist you.

There is currently a known issue with shipping address. We know this may be frustrating and we’re working hard to fix the problem immediately.

We would first recommend that you restart your computer and clear cache and cookies on your web browser and try again.

Depending on which browser you use, this can be done under 'Options,' 'Preferences,' or Tools. Because deleting your cache and cookies relates to your web browser software and not PayPal, see your browser's online help section for further information."

It was helpful that he said it was a known issue. It was not helpful that he suggested I clear my cache. That is what every rep says when they don't have a real solution. 

Hopefully this issue will be fixed before the decade is out. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.