Ongoing known issues with the "NEW UI" , not ready., please give us Classic

PicsNY
Contributor
Contributor

Up until today I've kept my year-long effort to get MTS to resolve existing known problems with the "New UI" a private matter in direct phone calls and support tickets to PayPal Business Support and Merchant Technical Support. Today that needs to change since obviously I'm now being fed direct contradictions from my MTS Support agent replies.

For the past year PayPal MTS support has been assuring me that I will not lose access to the Classic UI until the known-confirmed-issues with the New UI are resolved.

Well, as of today PayPal has removed the link to switch Classic UI even after telling me just recently in a support ticket that the problems / non-functional features with the New UI are resolved, so it's time to speak up.

Preface - I've been a PayPal merchant for over 12 years in *excellent standing* - thousands of transactions with no valid cases or chargebacks or anything of the sort - using PayPal to handle recurring monthly subscription payments from subscribers to my service (I provide a web hosting service) with hundreds of subscribers - meaning that my PayPal account processes hundreds of subscription transactions perm month, THOUSANDS per year.

Now, as far back as July of 2014 I've been reporting to PayPal MTS a major issue for us PayPal recurring subscription merchants  - the FACT that the ability to Search Transactions using a Subscription ID does not work in the New UI.

I have opened several tickets regarding the non-funcational / broken functions in the New UI since July of 2014 and PayPal MTS have confirmed these issues and have been telling me for the past 11+ months that they "assure" me that they "will not retire the Classic UI until the issues are resolved".

So, instead of everyone complaining about the appearance of the New UI, we'll get better traction if everyone submits tickets about the features that are still not working (and appear to be broken) in the New UI.

Here are two big problems in the New UI that I've discovered:

1. The first major problem I discovered and reported in a support call AND support ticket to PayPal MTS back in July 2014 is this - The Activity > Transaction ID Search function does not work for searching Subscription ID's, and that is a critical feature (which works fine in the Classic UI in Advanced History > Search by > Transaction ID). It is a critical feature for all of us merchants who provide subscription-based services.  PayPal MTS confirmed this issue back on July 18th 2014 and since said that the issue would be resolved before they take away the Classic UI. It is still not resolved.

2. The second problem I've discovered (and reported to PayPal MTS via both phone and support ticket) is the Customers > All Customers feature does not work properly and in my case is missing thousands of transactions. In my account it currently shows that I have only 6 transactions from 5 customers over the past 2 years, when in fact I've had well over 6,000 transactions in the past 2 years.

I have repeatedly pleaded with and appealed to PayPal Business Support and Merchant Technical Support on a frequent basis since I opened the first ticket back in July 2014 , asking them to please not force us over to the New UI until these problems are resolved, and they have repeatedly told me things would be resolved before they take away the Classic UI.

That is why I have kept publicly silent until today. I believed the PayPal MTS support agent who has been telling me for a year that they won't take away my Classic UI until the problems are fixed.

Well, as of today my Classic UI is gone, the link to switch back to it is gone, and the broken functions in the New UI that I've been reporting for a year still aren't fixed.

So it's time to break my silence and seek the support of other PayPal merchants - especially those of you who use PayPal's recurring / subscription payments functions - so that we can pull together and make a POLITE RATIONAL effort to reach out to PayPal's higher-ups who might not even be aware of these issues that are indeed known & verified by PayPal MTS support reps.

It seems the only way we're going to get our Classic UI back until the problems with the New UI are addressed is for everyone to submit polite, thoughtful, articulate support tickets to PayPal Merchant Technical Services.

By the way - I can provide screenshots of both the issues and the the support tickets going all the way back to July 2014 that prove everything I've stated above.

And with that I want to thank any PayPal staff members who take the time to read this AND HELP us resolve the problems with the New UI before taking away our Classic UI.  Thousands of my PayPal merchant transactions per year, and hundreds of my PayPal recurring subscribers depend on us and we depend on you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

HenryUTA
New Community Member

Any updates on this? I dont see a way to edit subscriptions!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This may be a long shot ...

Here is how to edit or manage subs and you can reach the classic site via the Help & Contact link.  Classic Site link is always at the bottom.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.