Old account is suddenly limited. What gives?

sunshinesketche
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've never had a problem with PP until today.  I've had my account for about 10 years, but today I received payment for an order that I'm told will be held for 21 days. I've only ever had one person make a claim against me, which I instantly repaid (this was several years ago), even though it was the post office's fault.  The only thing I can think of is that a couple of days ago I purchased from a seller, who repaid $2.50 overpayment for shipping, but she sent it to the wrong address, but I was able to claim it under that address.  That should have nothing to do with my stellar track record under my normal account though.  Can someone advise what's going on?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you claimed the payment under a different email address then paypal will see you as a new seller "using that email address" and the new seller hold will apply.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sunshinesketche
Contributor
Contributor

Really?  This is a nightmare.  Had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have claimed that $2.50, and let it go back to the seller.  This is going to be a major problem.  I have contacted Paypal and I hope they can remove that hold on my main account.  Thanks for your reply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well its only for that email address, it should not affect any other payments coming into your account on the other email address !!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sunshinesketche
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately it's my original main account as well as the new one.  I would accept this more easily if it was only the $2.50 that was being held, but it's both accounts.  I just got this notice on my ten year old account too!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In that case i would contact customer services direct, explain it to them and they may re-consider the hold.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sunshinesketche
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I've sent a message already.  I got an autoresponse saying it may take 24 hours for a reply.  I'm not anywhere that I can call them, but I might do that later if I don't hear back.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Emailing is pretty useless thats why i gave you the twitter and facebook pages where you can send a message to customer services direct via those pages if you can't phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sunshinesketche
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, trying a message to them on FB.

Login to Me Too

sunshinesketche
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, yesterday evening PP called me and seemed to have straightened out whatever their issue was.  Today, just now, I made another sale and STILL it says my payment is PENDING.  Seriously Paypal, do you think that after a TEN YEAR stellar customer service record I'm suddenly going to run away with someone's money?   I'm SO IRRITATED now!  Is anyone else experiencing this ridiculousness?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.