Not using my PayPal balance to pay for something from a Business account

BevR
Contributor
Contributor

I am finding it difficult to manage my incoming revenue and my expenses because PayPal keeps using my balance to pay for something.  

I have a business account so the post I found by Conor from PayPal doesn't relate to the settings I have in my account.  I believe that each time before I buy I could transfer money but this is onerous as a small business owner.

Do you have a solution for a Business account to not use my PayPal balance?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I transfer funds from PayPal to bank account routinely because I would rather have funds in bank safety.

For purchases, I just just a credit card. I see no reason to pass purchases through PayPal when I have a credit card.

Login to Me Too

BevR
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your input DPCreations. I get that you can do a transfer and perhaps this is a practice I can do but it would be great if I had a choice what funds to use.

Unlike you I prefer to use PayPal so I don't have my credit card stored on multiple websites to reduce the chances of fraud.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dodn't store credit card numbers online; I enter as needed, for security reasons.  Credit card protection is better than PayPal protection--another reason to use credit cards and bypass PayPal for purchase payments.  For me, I just don't want to use PayPal as a place to pool my money.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think we have a choice now,before you make a payment,PAYPAL presents you with a choice of where the fund should come from.

Go to Paypal site and read revised terms of agreement effective october 19,it explains in plain English many features of Paypal,your question is answered there.

what I used to do,is that I have a personal account with a different email address,and I wil send the Paypal balance to that account.After I make my purchase,I log on to that personal account and refund that payment,so the $$ come back to my  business account  ,thats before PAYPAL makes changes.

Login to Me Too

BevR
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks lanceltome I will take a look and see if I can resolve.  Even this last week it didn't allow me to "unmark" the balance it simply applied it then let me use the credit card for the balance

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.