Not getting much help from Paypal with removing my card

rain-drop
Contributor
Contributor

I've contacted Paypal two times, and all they sent me was a list of things to check with adding/removing cards. I tried being really descriptive the second time but they still sent me the same email. I have the same problem among others where, when you try to delete your card, it says "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending." I have no pending transactions or disputes. It's been like this for a year now, and I really don't know what the problem is. I've looked for solutions, but none. I've come across people with the same problem, and some of them weren't able to get their cards removed yet. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

rain-drop
Contributor
Contributor

Did I put this in the wrong place? I could really use some answers since I'm not getting much...

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, we cannot resolve issues such as this because no one here can access or view user account information.  Here's two additional options for contacting customer support (in addition to email and calling): 

Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Whatthefaaahk
New Community Member

A bit bizarre that there is no PayPal Paul or PayPay Mary responding to the question of the day:  HOW DO I DELETE AN OLD CREDIT CARD.  I couldnt pay an overdue parking ticket because I couldnt update my account to delete 3 old credit card numbers so that I can add my updated card information but there's seemingly no way to do this.  It looks like other PayPay users are not getting response either. It really makes me wonder WHY? is there anything to the negative PayPal publicity I stumbled on while searching for answers?  VERY FRUSTRATING. Please help

Login to Me Too

Nee
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem now.

Also, I have had the Pay after delivery option available to me for a long time, with certain sellers, all of a sudden, i don't have that option with any sellers.

Login to Me Too

Zaptastic

Hi!

When I try to remove a card I get this exact error:

Sorry, you can't remove this card right now. Please try again after all transactions have been processed.

But my balance is zero and I haven't had a transation since March and it's July now.

I tried contacting support via the PayPal site and they replied with links to "how to update your E-mail address".  Not very useful.

I'm trying @AskPayPal now too.

Thanks!

Z

Login to Me Too

Zaptastic

Just to let you know, E-mail support got back to me after I replied to them about their reply.

Some vendor had not done the work to update the status of an old order from In Progress to Completed.

After that was corrected the card could be removed.

Login to Me Too

griffie
Contributor
Contributor

Scroll down your list of transactions until you notice anything different. In my case it was a four month old purchase that was lacking the little grey circle containing an arrow (grey for purchases, orange for receipts).

In my case the seller had not had part of an order in stock so they sent part, split up my payment and billed paypal in two parts. After they billed the second part, they never  marked the original payment as "completed" even though both parts were completed and everything was received.

After locating the item causing my card to be locked, it was easy for the paypal representative to look at it, mark it as completed, after which I was able to delete my credit card.

... so try to think of a purchase in which the vendor might have split up your original payment and billed parts separately.  I have had that done by Sears, Swanson, Lowes, and I think by Amazon.

I cleared mine by talking to paypal but you could probably have it cleared by calling the vendor if that is easier for you.

good luck

Login to Me Too

DruC4
New Community Member

I had a credit card stolen but when I tried to remove it I get the message "Sorry, you can't remove this card right now. Please try again after all transactions have been processed." I called PayPal and I just got off the phone, they were able to remove it. Total time about 7 minutes (granted, it was the day after New Years, so might be less traffic).

Some things that might hold you up:

You must have a zero or positive balance, or they won't do it

Pending transactions, even on other payment methods, have the potential for creating a negative balance and might be a problem. In my case they were able to remove the invalid card even though I had a pending transaction on another card.

Hope this helps!

Drew

Login to Me Too

sanmen
New Community Member

Just give them a call! It just took me literally 5 minutes on the phone.  (I had a zero balance.) 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.