Need a Name Change Update

iDoodle2Draw
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed my name legally, so now the surname on my PayPal doesn't match my person and I would like to update my information. I sent in my name change files/info via updating my PayPal settings a few days ago. My account is limited so I can't 'Add Money' to my PayPal Wallet [I got the notfication after sending my files in so I had to re-send them again 😕 and was also asked for more files, which I then provided/sent].

I've been scrolling through the community threads and saw other peoples' name change issues and see a lot of: "I've been waiting X amount of weeks/months and still haven't gotten my name change resolved."

So I'm wondering if I should continue to wait a coupla more days or just close this account and make a new one with my correct information? [which I'd rather not do, but I also don't want to wait weeks just for customer service either]. And also wondering if I'm even allowed do that..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Don't open a new account; that would make matters worse.  When an account is limited the limitation will link to any new account.  PayPal limits your account to prevent problems and risk that PayPal might incur.  An new accounts would also be limited until you get the issue resolved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Don't open a new account; that would make matters worse.  When an account is limited the limitation will link to any new account.  PayPal limits your account to prevent problems and risk that PayPal might incur.  An new accounts would also be limited until you get the issue resolved.

Login to Me Too

iDoodle2Draw
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for letting me know.

About 3 hours after your response, I got an email from PayPal saying my account is back in Regular Standing and my name change has been processed! 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the update.

Login to Me Too

TXFaith123
New Community Member

I have been having this issue. I uploaded and submitted my documents. I've followed up several times. The last manager I spoke with (Owen on 1/18) assured me this would be handled. It still hasn't been. I've been getting the run around. I've emailed about this problem and still no resolution. This is worst customer service I have experienced in quite some time. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@TXFaith123

This thread has already been marked as solved.  Your case is also has different details which you haven't provided.  It's difficult to figure out responses when you add your different information to a thread about another person's problem.  Why not start a thread with your own issues so it can be followed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.