Name change request: not helpful at all

akomaria
Contributor
Contributor

I requested my account name updated due to marriage, and provided proof of marriage and a driver's license with my married name.  Got email from Customer Service -- telling me that I had to provide documents to prove my claim.  So I asked in reply if they didn't receive my documents that I attached to the initial request.  

I got a reply to my question -- unfortunatelly they cannot process my request at this time because they don't know what my updated name should be.  I didn't know I could pick any name other than what is on the documents (lol) regardless I replied with first name, middle name and last name.  and send the message back.  

No reply was given--I sent another message asking how long it should take for them to update my info.

No reply was given.  So I came here to read posting of others with the same issue.

Is there anything I can do to make this process move forward?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akomaria

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

akomaria
Contributor
Contributor

I called CS as you suggested and the rep said, she can see my request but it is pending.  It could take up to 48 hours to process the request and 7-10 days from that day to update my account.  But it could take longer than 10 days.

I asked if they'd inform me once it is updated.  She said no, I have to check back my account to see if it is updated myself. I am very disppaointed at how they handle the issue.  I think the process is very convoluted and ineffective.  Thank you for your suggestion, tho.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.